Build a reusable user interface module by defining the form and content of
a view. Views are clusters of UI components that you can modify according to your
business needs by adding fields, applying templates, or embedding other
For example, in a loan application you can create a view with fields
for collecting data about a secondary applicant, and then use that view in different
contexts throughout the application.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- Open the column-based view that you want to edit:
- On the Workflow tab, in the
Case life cycle section, click an
assignment or an approval step.
- In the Step properties pane, click
|Case views and previously-configured forms||On the User interface tab, click the view
that you want to edit.|
- In the Edit view section, make the updates that you
- To change the name of the view, in the View name
field, enter a new view name.
- To change the view template, click Edit, and then
click the template that you want to apply to the view.
- To add a field, view, data relationship, or a UI component to the view,
click Add, and then select the item that you want to
- To change the position of a field or a view on the page, drag the
component into place.
- To remove a field or a view from the page, click Remove this
- In the row with the newly added item, click the
Configure icon, and then define additional settings,
such as labels and visibility.
- Click Save.