Configure a data model to define the data that you want to use in a case. For example, to include a user email address in a case, add an email address field to the data model.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Data model tab, click Add field.
- In the field configuration dialog box, in the Field name field, enter a descriptive name.
- In the Type list, select a field type.
- If more configuration options are available for the field type that you select,
perform the following actions for a field:
Choices Actions Add a text paragraph to the form
- In the Type list, select Text (paragraph).
- Click the Configure paragraph icon.
- In the Display as list, define whether to display the paragraph as plain or rich text.
Add a picklist to the form
- In the Type list, select picklist.
- In the Display as list, define a display mode for the picklist.
- In the Picklist options list, define
choices for the picklist.You can create your own choices or source them from a data page.
- If you add your own choices, click Add choice, and then provide an option for users to select.
- If you use a data page to provide choices, select the data page that you want to use.
Add an attachment field to the form
- In the Type list, select Attachment.
- In the Attachment category list, select the category.
Add a user reference to the form
- In the Type list, select User reference.
- In the Display as list, define whether users can search for a user ID by using a search box or a drop-down list.
Add a field to capture data For more information about adding a field to capture data, see Adding data references to forms.
- Click Save.