Configuring a Date Time field
Standardize date and time formats and reduce the number of input mistakes by using a Date Time field. When you set up a Date Time field, you ensure that users enter scheduling information in the right format.For example, for scheduling appointments, you can set up a one hour default step, so that a user cannot schedule a meeting that starts at quarter past an hour.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the User interface tab, click the column-based view that you want to edit.
- In the Edit view section, click the Configure icon next to the Date Time field that you want to edit.
- In the Edit field dialog box, in the
Clock list, define the format in which you want to
display the time:
- To use the default format of the language of the application, select use locale.
- To use a 12-hour clock, select 12 hours.
- To use a 24-hour clock, select 24 hours.
- Optional: To include seconds on the field clock, select Display seconds.
- Define the range of dates that are available in your field:
- In the Next field, enter how many years into the future the field displays.
- In the Previous field, enter how many years into the past the field displays.
- Optional: To include week numbers on the field calendar, select Display week numbers on calendar.
- In the Time picker list, define the length of the step between time values in the field.
- In the Edit field dialog box, click Save.
Previous topic Configuring field behavior Next topic Configuring a Currency field