Simplify the structure of your application by reusing data in different contexts.
Case and data reference fields help you efficiently reuse resources without detailed
knowledge about how the system stores data.
For example, in a mortgage application, a Get appraisal case
reference can fetch data about the house appraisal if the user enters the ID of the
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- On the User interface tab, click the column-based view
that you want to edit.
- In the Edit view section, click the Drill
in icon next to the case or data reference field that you want
- In the Edit field pane, in the Mode
list, define whether you want to make the field read-only.
- In the Display as list, choose the control that you want
to use with the field.
- In the Which field to show list, select the name of the
field that you want to display in the control.
- Optional: To display additional fields from the case, in the Show details
(optional) section, add and configure the My