Adjust the appearance and contents of chart-based insights to visualize
only the specific information that is relevant to your business needs. For example, in a
flight booking application, you can visualize data about recent reservations, and then
filter the results by specific destinations to analyze the latest trends in
You can choose from a wide range of chart types to conveniently
present your data.
- In the navigation pane of your application, click Explore
- In the Insights section, click the chart-based insight
that you want to modify.
- On the right side of the insight, click Edit.
- In the customization screen of your insight, on the DATA
tab, manage the content of your insight:
|In the Chart type section, in the types list,
select the chart that you want to view.
|Visualize specific data
- From the Fields section on the right
side of the screen, drag numerical data into the
- Create a chart by dragging further data into the
- In the Fields section, in the
Measures area, next to the record
that you want to edit, click More,
and then select a measure to include in the chart.
|Apply basic filters
- From the Fields section, drag the
data by which you want to filter the chart into the
- In the list of relational operators, select an operator for
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To apply more filters, drag more records into the
|Apply advanced filters
- In the Filters section, click
Add advanced filter, and then, in
the dialog box with filters, click Advanced
- In the Advanced condition field,
enter the filter logic, and then click
- In the Sorting section, in the
Sort by list, select the data by
which you want to sort the chart.
- In the Sort order list, specify how
you want to sort the data.
- On the CHART tab of your insight, manage how the system
displays supplementary information in the chart:
|Customize the range of axes
- Expand the Axis section.
- Manage the axes of the chart by selecting specific check
|Expand the Tooltips section, and then select
the Show tooltip check box to display
supplementary information about the chart columns.
|Manage chart legend
- Expand the Legend section, and then
select the Show legend check
- Customize the chart legend by providing specific
- In the upper-right corner of the insight, click Save