Defining a portal header
Give your portals a distinct visual identity by setting a custom header. You can combine application names, portal names, and logos to create a design that best suits your business needs.For example, an application for logging airport personnel work hours could have a gear logo in the mechanics' portal, and a tower logo in the portal for air traffic controllers.
- Open your portal:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents the portal whose header you want to edit.
- On the Configuration tab, in the
Logo list, choose what type of logo you want to
Note: By default, the portal logo is the same as the application logo. If you set a separate logo for your portal, the portal settings take precedence over the application settings. For more information on selecting a logo for your application, see Defining a logo for an application.
- To use the application logo, select Use default logo.
- To use a separate logo for your portal, select Custom logo, and then select the icon you want to use from the dialog box.
- In the Channel header list, select the name that appears in the portal header.
- Click Save.
The banner appears on top of the application menu. By default, the logo that you select for the application serves also as the portal logo. If you set a separate logo for your portal, the portal settings take precedence over the application settings.
Previous topic Creating a portal Next topic Organizing the contents of a portal