By familiarizing yourself with the current capabilities and limitations of Cosmos React, you can choose the UI best suited to your business needs. In cases where Cosmos React would limit the design of your application, the best practice is to use Theme Cosmos.
Evaluate whether Cosmos React supports your use case before building a new application, and continue using Theme Cosmos for complex applications that require highly specialized features, such as offline mode.
For existing applications, the best practice is to keep your current front-end setup, whether it is Theme Cosmos or Theme UI-Kit. Migration tooling and guidance is currently in development and planned to be released in the Pega Platform version 8.8.
For more information, see Choosing a UI version.
Cosmos React does not support the following features in Pega Platform version 8.7:
- Native preview and internal preview of media. Images can be uploaded, downloaded, or used as logo.
- Offline mode.
- Push and subscribe notification channels.
- Multichannel features, including email and chat integration.
- Rule delegation.
- Paragraph rules.
- Exporting tabular data to Excel.
- Forms to edit or create data objects (data views are read-only).
- Reports and the report browser. For more information, see Visualizing data with insights.
- User-personalized dashboards.
- Some localization features. For more information, see Localization limitations.
- Complex mobile capabilities. For more information, see UI architecture recommendations for mobile apps.
Case management limitations
Cosmos React does not support the following case management features in Pega Platform version 8.7:
- Automations for generating PDFs and documents.
- Field-level auditing.
- Geolocation tracking.
- Get next work.
- Team dashboard widget.
- Documents and Spaces. You can only configure the application to launch Documents and Spaces in a section-based UI in a new browser tab.
Cosmos React does not support the following questionnaire features in Pega Platform version 8.7:
- The following question types:
- Multi textbox
- Build a list
- Radio button matrix
- Question text with rich text options, such as feeding a response to the next question, or dynamic values in information text
Cosmos React does not support the following collaboration features in Pega Platform version 8.7:
- Adding tags from the tags overlay
- Bookmarking Pulse comments
- Private posts can be viewed, but not authored
- Pulse feed does not support posting in multiple contexts and more than one feed on screen
- Editing Pulse comments
- Pinning posts to a space
- Poster view for Pulse comments with a single attachment
- Post types (Task and Private posts)
- Referencing a case in Pulse
- Searching Pulse comments
- The Spaces, Tags, and Documents landing pages work only in hybrid mode (the pages open in an Infinity portal)
In addition, Pega maintains a list of known issues discovered in Cosmos React applications. For more information, see Existing known issues.