- In App Studio, click Preview, and then select a portal that you want to preview by clicking the portal list next to the application name.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, check the preview size by hovering over the monitor and tablet icons.
Result: Different preview shapes indicate the screen size for every device.
- Display the application preview for a device by clicking that device icon.
Note: When you preview a web portal on a mobile device, App Studio displays it in a mobile browser. The browser interface is different from a Mobile Client channel, which is a separate, mobile-native interface.
- For tablets, toggle the viewing modes:
- Switch between landscape and portrait modes by clicking the device icon again.
- Preview the app for a specific mobile device, in the drop-down list next to the
device icons, select a device model.You can edit the list of devices in Dev Studio. For more information, see Adding, editing, and deleting a preview device.
Adding, editing, and deleting a preview device
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Data types.
- Click .
- In the Add data type dialog box, click Existing data type.
- In the Label field, enter Device, and then select the Pega-DevicePreview-Device rule.
- Click Submit.
- In the Pega-DevicePreview-Device rule, click the Records tab,
and then update the device list:
- To add a device, click Add record at the bottom of the list, enter the device details, and specify the user-agent string for the device browser.
- To edit an existing device, select and edit the fields that you want to change.
- To delete a device, click the Delete icon next to the device that you want to remove from the list.
Result: The device information is saved automatically when you navigate away from the editable fields.