Adding an Anypicker control
Enhance navigation in your application by grouping drop-down list items into expandable categories in the Anypicker control. For example, if your business operates in several cities, use this control to group business locations by region and to help your users quickly select the right option in a drop-down list.
You can source an Anypicker control from a data page, a clipboard page, or a report definition.
- Open the harness or section that you want to modify.
- On the Design tab, in the Pickers list, drag Anypicker onto the work area.
- In the cell that contains the Anypicker control, click the View properties icon.
- On the General tab, in the List
source section, provide the details of your list source.
For example: To source your list from a data page, in the Type list, select Data page, and then provide the name of the data page in the Data page field.For more information, see Automating source synchronization in controls.
- In the Search results configuration section, in the Data source property field, specify the property from which you want to source the list.
- Select the Use For Search check box.
- Select the Categorize check box.
- In the Category Property field, enter the property that
you want to use to categorize search results.
For example: Your source is a list of locations that includes the City and State database columns. To group the locations by state, in the Category Property field, enter .State.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Radio Button Properties - Behavior tab Next topic Action controls