Use an Autocomplete control to allow the user to select a value from a possibly large set of searched text values, based on a partial string match. Pega Platform dynamically assembles and displays a list of candidate matching values after the user types one or a few characters of input.
- On the Design tab, from the Pickers
list, drag Autocomplete onto the work area.If you are using a cell-based layout and you drag the control into a cell that is not empty, the dropped control replaces the current contents of the cell.
- Click the View properties icon to display the properties panel of the control.
- On the Properties panel, define the autocomplete using the following tabs:
- Autocomplete Properties General tab
Click the View properties icon in the layout containing the Autocomplete control ( pxAutocomplete ) to display the Properties panel, and then select the General tab to define the source of values for the Autocomplete.
- Autocomplete Properties Presentation tab
Click the View properties icon of an autocomplete control to display the properties panel, and then click the Presentation tab to configure the display of the autocomplete control.
- Source of autocomplete field values
Autocomplete controls save time and ensure accuracy by supplying a list of possible values for an input field, based on characters that the user enters.