Applicable to Theme UI-Kit applications
Define the main area of your portal by specifying where your application opens
documents, such as cases or pages, and provide your users with a clear and intuitive
Dynamic containers display content in the main pane of the portal. You can define a default
view for a container, but if the user opens a document, the application replaces the default
view with the selected content, without reloading the portal. This architecture helps users
access documents without page refreshes, which reduces context switching and improves the user
Each portal supports only one dynamic container.Note: When you create a portal in App Studio, Pega Platform generates the
dynamic container automatically.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Section.
- Open the section to which you want to add a dynamic container.
- If the editing options are not visible, click Convert to full section
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Dynamic container onto the design canvas.
- In the Dynamic Container Settings window, select Single
- In the Default view list, select
- In the Page context list, select Use current
- In the Section field, select the section that you want to
display in the dynamic container.
- Select Render as single page.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.