Adding, editing, and deleting a preview device
To preview how a specific device, such as a phone or a tablet, displays your application, modify the list of devices for which you can generate a preview. If you have access to Dev Studio, you can add a new device to the list, edit an existing device in the list, or delete a device from the list.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Data types.
- Click .
- In the Add data type dialog box, click Existing data type.
- In the Label field, enter Device, and then select the Pega-DevicePreview-Device rule.
- Click Submit.
- In the Pega-DevicePreview-Device rule, click the Records tab,
and then update the device list:
- To add a device, click Add record at the bottom of the list, enter the device details, and specify the user-agent string for the device browser.
- To edit an existing device, select and edit the fields that you want to change.
- To delete a device, click the Delete icon next to the device that you want to remove from the list.
Result: The device information is saved automatically when you navigate away from the editable fields. Previous topic Previewing a portal Next topic Working with Dev Studio forms