Adding field groups to forms
Save time and create comprehensive forms for your case types by categorizing related fields in a single data structure. For example, you can capture the first name, last name, and address of a person in the Prospective Client form in a single field group, instead of several individual fields.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment or an approval step.
- In the Step properties panel, click Configure view.
- In the dialog window, add a field group to your form:
When you create new field groups, you also add them to a data model that your cases uses.
- To add an existing field group, in the properties panel click Fields, click Add to view next to a field group that you want to add, and the go to step 10.
- To create a new field group, click Add field, and then go to step 6.
- In the Field text box, enter a unique name for the field.
- In the Type list, select Field group.
- In the Options list, define the display mode for the field
Fields can be Read-only, Optional, or Required.
- To preserve settings of individual fields, select Auto.
- To make the fields read-only, select Read-only.
- Add fields to the field group:
Choices Actions Reuse fields from a data model
- In the list that appears, select the data model that you want to use.
- In the Views section, select the view that you want to use.
- Optional: To add more fields, next to the View list, click
Open, and then add the fields.For more information about adding fields, see Adding single-value fields to forms.
Note: Changes that you make to this view, affect other forms that also use this view. Create new fields
- In the list that appears, enter the name of a field group.
- In the View section, define whether the view is a
default view.You can reuse default views in any case type in your application.
- Next to the View list, click
Open, and then add the fields to the view.For more information about adding fields, see Adding single-value fields to forms.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Configuring a user reference on a form Next topic Adding a field group to your data model