Adding a Tooltip
Harness and Section forms - Adding a Tooltip
A Tooltip is a text label that is clickable. At run time, if the user clicks the label text, a pop-up SmartInfo section appears.
Adding a Tooltip is similar to adding a text label, except that the Format field value is SmartLabel and accepts parameters.
- To build and test a section, identify or create a section that forms the contents of
the pop-up window.The section cannot contain input fields.
- Add the Tooltip control to the Harness, Section, or Flow
Action by performing the following actions:
- On the Design tab, from the Data display list, drag Tooltip onto the work area.
- Click the View properties icon to open the Cell Properties panel.
The General tab for a Tooltip control is identical to the General tab for a Label control. For more information, see General tab.
- Complete the Presentation tab. For more information, see Presentation.
tab by providing values for the
following required fields:
- Label : Enter the text that is to appear in the cell on the harness, section, or flow action form.
- SectionName : Enter the second key part - Stream Name - of a section to appear as a pop-up when the user clicks the label. At runtime, the system uses the Applies To class of the current rule to find the section using rule resolution.
- HeaderText : Enter text to appear at the top of the pop-up SmartInfo window.
- Check the clickable check box to make the control clickable, supporting an "on click" action you may add on the Actions tab.
- Check the Activate input formatting check box to allow formatting of the label on this control if its edit option is set to Editable on the Presentation tab.
- Optional: Add an action to this control by choose one of the event options:
- On click
- On change
- On blur
- To remove any existing selection, select None.
If you have selected an event, in the
field that appears
select one of the options:
- Post value
- Refresh this section
The UI Gallery landing page contains a working example of this element. To display the gallery, in Dev Studio, click.
- Tooltip Properties - Presentation tab
Click the View properties icon in the cell containing the Tooltip control to display the Properties panel, and select the Presentation tab.
Previous topic Adding a video to your UI Next topic Tooltip Properties - Presentation tab