Applying design templates
Make your applications consistent and save development time by using design templates. Design templates represent common user interface patterns and specify regions in which you add user interface elements, such as icons and controls.
For example, a Card with image template provides a space for a large image at the top of the user interface and a space for fields and controls below.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the work area, run a new a case by clicking Save and run.
- In the open case, hover over the view that you want to edit, and then click Configure this view.
- In the configuration pane on the right, click the Change template icon.
- In the Select a template window, click the template that you want to apply to the view.
- In the configuration pane on the right, add fields, sections, and controls to
- In the header of the area to which you want to add the UI component, click the Add icon.
- In the Add list, hover over the component that you want to add, such as a text field, and then click the Add icon.
- Optional: To remove a component from the template, hover over the component name, and then click .
- Save the configuration by closing the configuration pane.
Previous topic Layouts Next topic Working with dynamic layouts