Configuring a case at run time
You can change the design of a case as you are processing it. By incorporating edits in real time, you can drive your application forward in a focused, yet flexible way.
- Select a case type name from the New menu to run a case.
- On the lower right corner of the screen, click the Open runtime toolbar icon and then click Turn editing on.
- On the toolbar, rurn on design mode by clicking the Toggle design mode icon (the square icon).
- When you reach a step in the work flow that requires updates, in the header of the case click Configure case type to open the case type that defines the stages, processes, and steps for your case.
- Update the configuration of the case type. For example, you can change how an assignment is routed, add a new step to a process, or delete a stage.
- Click Done.
Result: The changes that you make are immediately applied to your active case, which you can continue processing without restarting the case. Tip: Click Configure this form while processing a case to change the design of fields on a form. Previous topic Configuring a table at run time Next topic Supported display modes by field type