Configuring a data reference on a form
After you add a data reference to a form, you can configure the way that it prompts users for input. For example, you can configure the Vehicle data reference to display as a drop-down list of cars or as an autocomplete that returns a list of cars that match the value enter by the user.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- Click an assignment or an approval step.
- Click Configure view.
- Click the Gear icon in the row of the data reference.
- Select and configure a method for prompting users.
To prompt users with a list of choices:
Select Drop-down list from the How do you want to select records for this field? list.
Select a property name in the Select using the following field list.
The value of this property is used to populate the results in the drop-down list.
To prompt users with a list of choices that updates as they type:
Select Search from the How do you want to select records for this field? list.
A list of fields that are defined in your data object is displayed.
Click the Delete icon to remove a field from the list.
Each field in the list represents a column that is displayed in the results that are returned by the autocomplete field.
Drag a field to change its position in the list.
- Click OK.
Previous topic Adding data references to forms Next topic Adding field group lists to forms