Configuring a form at run time
You can configure forms as you process a case. By incorporating edits in real time, you can develop your application in a dynamic and flexible way.
- To create a case, select a case type name from the New menu.
- On the lower right corner of the screen, click the Open run runtime toolbar icon and then click Turn editing on.
- On the toolbar, turn on design mode by clicking the Toggle design mode icon (the square icon).
- Process the case by entering values in the provided fields and submitting each form.
- When you reach a step that has no form or a form that requires updates, click
Configure this view. You can do any of the following:
- In the right panel, click Change to switch the existing layout to any of the standard or custom predefined design templates.
- In the right panel, click Settings to modify template parameters, headings, and other presentation options for run time use.
- Drag the fields to rearrange their order in the view.
- Update the form by adding sections, adding controls, and editing the fields that it contains. For example, you can modify the display mode of a field or add a new field to the form.
- Click Done.
Result: The changes that you made are displayed immediately and you are automatically returned to your active case. Tip: Use the case life cycle gadget in the header of a case to configure more options at run time. Previous topic Validating character patterns Next topic Configuring a work area at run time