Configuring a modal dialog box for a button
Display records for reviewing or editing in an interactive pop-up window by configuring a button in a layout cell that opens a modal dialog box.
- Open the section that you want to modify.
- Click the cell that contains the button control that you want to edit, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Cell properties window, click the Actions tab.
- Click the Create an action set button.
- In the Action set table, click .
- Click .
- In the Local action field, select the local action rule that provides the section with the form fields for the user to complete or review.
- In the Target field, select Modal dialog.
- Optional: To run the flow in the context of an embedded section that uses and embedded or a top-level page, in the Using page field enter a Page or a Page List.
- Optional: To specify a custom format of the modal dialog box that is defined in the skin, in the Modal format list, select Other, and then select the format that you want to use.
- Optional: To use the default modal dialog box template, clear the Override default modal template check box.
- Optional: To display the modal dialog box as full screen on a mobile device, select the Display as full screen on mobile device check box.
- Optional: To open and close the modal dialog box with an animation, select the Reveal
with animation check box, and then specify the settings for
Effect, Speed and
Note: You can specify different animations for desktop and mobile applications. For example: You can configure a modal dialog box that quickly enters the screen from the left and slows down to a stop, with a short pull to the left before the stop by setting the effect to From... and Left and acceleration to Start... and with pull back.
- Optional: To specify a page as a context for the flow, use the default template or display the modal dialog box as full screen on a mobile device, configure the remaining options.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Modal dialog box Next topic Configuring a modal dialog box for a grid layout