Configuring a modal dialog box for a grid layout
Access the data in a row or an element of a grid layout for reviewing or editing, without leaving the main screen, by configuring a modal dialog box.You can configure the modal dialog box for the following elements:
- Hierarchical table
- Navigational tree
- Open the section that you want to modify.
- Click the layout that you want to edit, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Layout properties window, click the Operations tab.
- For the Row editing parameter, select
Master-detail.This option provides the user with an option to edit the details, such as rows, of a master object, without leaving the main screen.
- In the Display of details list, select Modal dialog.
- Optional: To use the default modal dialog box template, clear the Override default modal template check box.
- Optional: To specify a custom format of the modal dialog box that is defined in the skin, in the Modal format list, select Other, and then press the down arrow key to select the format that you want to use.
- In the Detail flow action field, select the flow action that you want to use for displaying content in the modal dialog box.
- Optional: To display the data in the modal dialog box as read-only, select the Display details read-only check box.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Configuring a modal dialog box for a button Next topic Modal dialog box templates