Configuring a user reference on a form
After you add a user reference to a form, you can configure the way that users interact with it. For example, you can display the list of users in your application as a list or as an autocomplete that returns a list of search results.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- Click an assignment or an approval step.
- Click Configure view.
- Click the Gear icon in the row of the user-reference field.
- Select a control type from the list that is displayed.
Search - Prompts users to search for an existing user by entering a full name or operator ID in an autocomplete field.
Dropdown - Prompts users to select the full name of an existing user from a list.
- Click OK.
At run time, users are prompted to select or search for an existing user, based on the control type that you provide. The result, a user ID, is stored in the property that is associated with your user-reference field.
Previous topic Adding single-value fields to forms Next topic Adding field groups to forms