A Columns layout provides the ability to display main content, such as a work item, alongside supporting content, such as an attachment.
Use columns layout to display primary and related supporting content, for example, a product description in the main window and price and sizing details in the sidebar. The main area of the columns layout responsively stretches to fit the available screen space and the sidebars have set width.
For information about modifying the presentation of theColumns layout using the skin.You can modify specific Columns layout instances by using the Presentation tab in the Properties window. See Modifying the presentation options of the Columns layout.
- Search for and open an existing Section form.
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Columns onto the work area.
- To include elements in the group, expand the Structural list, and then drag any number of dynamic layout, column, or section elements onto the layout group.
- Click the Columns header, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Properties window, select a Column template:
- In the Column format field, select a format by pressing the Down
arrow key.The available formats are dependent on the column template that you selected.
- Select one of the default formats.
- To use a custom column format that is defined in the skin, select Other and then specify the custom format in the adjacent field.
- In the Visibility field, select when you want to display the
- Select one of the default options.
- To create your own condition, select Condition (expression)Other and click the Open condition builder icon.
- Click Submit.
- Modifying the presentation options of the Columns layout
Make minor adjustments to the styling of the specific Columns.