Creating a custom control
If no predefined control meets the needs of your application, you can create one.
- Click .
- In the Label field, enter a name for the control. Begin the name with a letter and follow the rules for a Java identifier.
- Optional: In the Context section, set the application, ruleset, and ruleset version.
- Click Create and open.
After you create a control, complete the following tasks:
- Custom controls
- Selecting a control mode (editable, read-only)
When you create a new control, you configure how the control can be edited.
- Selecting a UI element and property
Use the Basics area of the Control tab on the Control form to specify the control or category of property type used with the control.
- Setting size and appearance options
Use the Options area of the Control tab on the Control form to specify the size, style, placeholder, and tooltip for the control.
- Formatting control text
Use the Format area of the Control tab on the Control form to design the appearance of read-only text or an editable control.
- Adding a custom control to the design palette
You can add custom controls to the design palettes available on the Section rule form. This makes custom controls easily accessible to developers at design time.
Previous topic Navigation rule - Completing the Node Details Action tab Next topic Custom controls