Creating a hierarchical table layout
Help users access and compare nested data with a Hierarchical table layout. Hierarchical table layouts support expandable rows, which can provide you with a more compact view of your data.
- Search for and open an existing Section form.
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Hierarchical table layout to the work area.
- In the layout header, click the View properties icon.
- In the Layout properties window, in the Data
source section, specify the source of the data for your Hierarchical table layout:Depending on the type of your table, some of the settings might not be available. See Enabling additional hierarchical table settings.
Choices Actions Property
- In the Source field, select Property.
- In the List field, specify the property with which you want to populate the layout.
- Optional: To delay loading data that is not visible in the initial display, in the Defer load activity field, select the activity that defines when to load the data.
Report definition (non-optimized tables only)
- In the Source field, select Report Definition.
- In the Applies To field, specify the class of the report definition.
- In the Report definition field, specify the report definition page with which you want to populate the layout.
- In the Tree grid summary field, describe the data that you want to display in the Hierarchical table.
- Click Submit.
- Enabling additional hierarchical table settings
Enable additional settings in the Hierarchical table layout for more customization options.
Previous topic Adding custom actions to the table toolbar Next topic Enabling additional hierarchical table settings