Optimize the screen area by using a Layout group to
arrange information into orderly segments.
For example, you can configure a
Layout group to display related information as a series of tabs that
the user can efficiently browse.
After you create a layout group, you can use it as the basis
for a region in a design template.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- Run a new case by clicking Save and run.
- In the new case, navigate to the layout that you want to edit.
- In the footer of Dev Studio, click the Live UI icon.
- Click the layout that you want to edit, and then click the Open in Dev
- If your section is based on a template and cannot be edited, click Convert
to full section editor.
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag Layout group
onto the work area.
- In the Choose layout-group format dialog box, select one of the
following formats for the layout group:
- To display layouts as simple pages with no headers or menus, select
- To display layouts under collapsible headers, select
- To display layouts one at a time as options in a menu, select
- To display all layouts at the same time, with the layouts stacked on top of one
another, select Stacked.
- To display a layout one at a time, with a tab for each layout, select
- To display the layouts in a custom format that is defined in the skin, select
Other, and then select the format.
- To include layouts or container elements in the Layout group,
expand the Structural list, and the elements that you want
into the layout group.