Accelerate the creation of PDF files and improve rendering of their components by using compact style sheets.
When you create a PDF file by using the Create PDF smart shape in a case type or by using the
HTMLtoPDF activity, use the
pyCompactStylesforPDF compact style sheet instead of the
style sheet that is used by the application skin.
The compact style sheet helps the system render the following elements in PDF files:
- Text input
- Formatted text
- Dynamic layout formats, including default, stacked, inline double grid, inline triple grid, and inline grid quadruple
- Heading levels 1 through 6
- Header icons
- Collapsible, bar, and fieldset header types
To use the compact style sheet, enable the UseCompactStylesforPDF dynamic system setting by performing the following steps:
- In Dev Studio, search for UseCompactStylesforPDF and click the result that appears in the dialog box.
- On the Settings tab, in the Value
- Click Save.
Previous topic Generating PDFs from your UI