- Search for and open an existing Section form.
- On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Table layout to the work area.
- In the layout header, click the View properties icon.
- In the Layout properties window, in the Data
source section, specify the source of the data for the Table layout:
Choices Actions Property
- In the Source field, select Property.
- In the List field, specify the property with which you want to populate the layout.
- In the Source field, select Report Definition.
- In the Applies To field, specify the class of the report definition.
- In the Report definition field, specify the report definition page with which you want to populate the layout.
- In the Source field, select Data page.
- In the Data page field, specify the data page with which you want to populate the layout.
- Click Submit.
- Table layout structure
Tables are flexible user interface components that help you present large amounts of information in a clear and consistent way. Because tables can be quickly customized and expanded, they provide a reliable basis for users to view or compare information.
- Table layout - Presentation tab
Click the View properties icon in the Grid Repeat Layout header to display the Properties panel, and then select the Presentation tab.
- Table layout - Operations tab
Click the View properties icon in the Table header to display the Properties panel, and then select the Operations tab.
- Arranging column visibility by importance
Ensure that the most important information in a table is always displayed by specifying which columns have priority.
- Configuring table activities
Improve the user experience by creating optional activities that respond to changes in a Table layout. For example, if a user reorders a list of tasks to display the most important assignments first, you can use activities to propagate the changes back to the data source and save their preferred setting.
- Configuring drag-and-drop functionality for tables
Configure tables and optimized tables so that users can reorder individual rows to adjust the content of tables.
- Optimizing table code
Optimize the code of a table to improve the client-side performance and enable customization of a toolbar for that table.
- Enabling table personalization
Improve productivity by giving users the option to save specific table configurations as reusable profiles.
- Upgrade considerations
When you upgrade from a previous Pega Platform version you might need to adjust the design of some sections.