Creating a templated region based on a layout group
You use a layout group to present closely related information with accordion, menu, stacked, or tab navigation mechanisms. You can create a templated region that is based on a layout group. You might do this if users need to add, reorder, or remove tabs from screens at run time in App Studio.
For information about regions in templates and forms, search for the article Section preview shows changes in real time for templated sections on Pega Community.
At run time in
App Studio, users can add sections
to an instance of the layout group, drill into a tab's content, modify tabs, or remove
- In the navigation panel, click .
- From the list of section instances, open a section that is based on a design template (a templated section) and click Convert to full section editor to make all editing options available.
- On the Settings tab of the Section form, select the Allow Section to be edited at runtime check box.
- Before you can create a templated region, you must configure an empty dynamic
layout control by completing the following steps:
- On the Settings tab, select the Design template option and specify a template icon.
- Click the Design tab and, if an empty dynamic layout does not currently exist, drag Dynamic layout from the Structural list onto the section.
- In the header of the empty dynamic layout control, click the View properties icon.
- On the Section properties panel, select the Use as template region check box, specify a name in the Region name field, and click Submit.
- On the Design tab of the Section form, drag Layout group from the Structural list onto the empty dynamic layout control.
Choose layout-group format
dialog box, select the format
), and click
Users can change this format at run time in App Studio.
- On the Design tab of the Section form, in the header of the layout group control, click the View properties icon.
- On the Layout group properties panel, select the Use as template region check box, specify a name in the Region name field, and click Submit.
- Confirm that the word Region is displayed in the header of both the dynamic layout control and the layout group control and click Save on the Section form.
Previous topic Modifying the presentation options of the Layout group Next topic Adding a when rule to a layout group