Editing the source HTML of your login screen
Your Pega application uses several rules that form the source markup HTML and CSS of your login screens. To customize these login screens, you can add your own HTML structure, CSS elements, or background images to the source fields in each of their respective HTML and Text rules.
After creating an authentication service, you must configure your browser requestor. For more information, see Configuring a browser requestor.
HTML login rules
|Web-Login||HTML rule used for the login screen for an unauthenticated
operator session. Used by the |
|Web-Login-LDAPAuth||HTML rule used for the LDAP login screen for an unauthenticated operator session. Prompts user for LDAP login ID and passwords.|
|pyDisplayAuthScreenSelector||HTML rule used for an authentication screen for an
unauthenticated operator session. Used by the
|pyForgotPassword||HTML rule used for the session Forgot Password screen.|
- In the navigation pane in Dev Studio, open the existing HTML rule by clicking .
- In the Stream name column, click the Search icon.
- In the Search Text field, enter the rule name of the login screen that you want to edit.
- Click Apply.
- Click the resulting row. Pega Platform displays the HTML rule form.
- In the Generate For list, select whether your customized login screen uses HTML directives or JavaServer screen (JSP) tags.
- In the Browser Support list, select whether Modern browsers or Microsoft Internet Explorer only (IE only) support your customized login screen.
- In the Accessibility list, tag whether your customized login screens meet your requirements when calculating the application Accessibility compliance report. For more about Accessibility compliance reports, see Using the Accessibility report.
- In the HTML source field, enter your customized login
- Optional: If your customized login references to clipboard pages, click the Pages and Classes tab.
- Optional: Enter the required clipboard pages and the classes to which they belong.
- Click Save. The customized HTML of your login screen is built into your application instance of Pega-Engine.
- Click Check-in to add changes to the unauthenticated ruleset you created.
- In the Actions list, select Preview.
- Confirm that the login screen reflects your customized HTML.
If you want to add a new background image to your login screens, see Adding a new background image to your login screen.
Previous topic Configuring a Browser requestor Next topic Editing the text rules containing the source CSS for login screens