Enabling grouping by fields
Enable grouping by fields so that application users can change the display of data in a table to suit their needs. The users click the Group button on the toolbar to choose the fields they want to group by and they can arrange them in a sequence. They can also use the menu option in a column header.
- When you use grouping, the pagination settings are ignored and all the rows are displayed.
- Using the grouping feature on large data sets may cause performance issues.
- When you use grouping, the Responsiveness option is disabled.
- In the Section form, click the table, and then click the View properties icon.
- On the Operations tab, in the Grid operations section, select the Allow Group by (Additional settings on the column) check box.
- Optional: To define the initial view for a user who opens the table for the first time,
configure the initial grouping:
- In the Section form, click a header of a column, and then click the View properties icon.
- Select the Group by this column check box.You can set the initial grouping by up to three fields. Any additional columns selected have no effect on grouping.It is not possible to group by columns with embedded sections.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Configuring the table toolbar Next topic Enabling the table columns visibility toggle