Enabling run-time branching and editing
Help citizen developers safely make changes to the UI by setting up a branch for run-time editing in Live UI. With this approach, less experienced developers can introduce changes to the interface in a separate environment, and the lead developer can later review the updates and merge them with the main product.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- In the Development branches section, click Add branch.
- In the Add a branch ID dialog box, enter a name for the
run-time edit branch.
For example: Liveedit.
- On the application definition tab, click Save.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the Toggle branch development icon.
- In the Branch development preferences dialog box, enable Branch development, and then click Submit.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- In the application pane on the left side of the screen, click the Branches tab.
- Expand the node for your application, and then right-click the branch that you added.
- In the drop-down menu, select Use for edit at runtime,
and then click Submit.
Result: The application now uses the branch for storing changes that developers introduce through the Live UI tool. Even if you develop the application in a different branch, the system always stores Live UI changes in the designated branch. Previous topic Live UI Next topic Editing with Live UI