Enabling users to post messages in the activity feed
Enable users to post messages in an activity feed for a specific context. For example, a user can make release announcements in the context of an application for all the application users to see.Users can view their activity feeds in the Case Manager and Case Worker portals when they click the Pulse menu option.
- In Dev Studio, search for the pyPulseWrapper section.
- Override the pyPulseWrapper section that includes the pxFeed section.
- On the Design tab of a section or harness, click the pxFeed section.
- Open the Layout Properties panel by clicking the Settings icon.
- On the Parameters tab, in the Configure post settings section, select the Enable post check box.
- In the Context key field, define the context for posting
messages by entering a key value.
For example: Enter: Application.pxInsName
- In the section, select the message types that users can post:
- To allow users to post public messages, select Message.
- To allow users to post private messages, select Private post.
- To allow users to create and assign tasks, select Task.
Result: The post types are displayed in a menu when you open Pulse and click Post. For more information, see Posting a message in Pulse.
- Optional: Update the description of a selected message type:
- Next to the message type, click the Edit icon.
- In the Feed name field, update the description.
- Click Done.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Adding the Pulse gadget to your application Next topic Creating feed sources for activity feeds