Finding sections that use a specific format
Predict how the change that you want to introduce to a style affects screens throughout your application by generating a list of all sections styled with a specific format. With this tool, you can quickly identify sections that use the same style format.
For example, you might want to track all the buttons that use the OK button style format, and see how the user forms change when you update the style.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the User Interface category, and then click Skin.
- Open the skin that you want to edit.
- On the Component styles tab, click the Menu icon on the right side of the window.
- In the component list, click the UI component whose style format you want to
For example: In the Controls section, click Buttons.
- Click the format that you want to track.
For example: In the My Formats list, click OK button.
- In the settings pane in the middle of the window, click .
Result: A window opens, listing all sections that use the style that you selected.
- Optional: To open any of the sections that use the target style in Dev Studio, click the name of the section.
Previous topic Removing style formats Next topic Mixins