Reduce translation time and costs by reviewing the contents of the translation
package before you send it to the translator. For example, you can remove unnecessary or
untranslatable data from the
TextToTranslate.xml spreadsheet, such as
- Unzip the ZIP file containing the translation package.
- In the
TranslationFilesfolder, open the
TextToTranslate.xmlfile in Microsoft Excel.
- Review the content of the translation package:
- Verify that the Base and
Translation columns are present.The Base column is the source of the translation, and the Translation column holds the text for the target language.
- Delete rows that contain values that do not need to be translated, or that are translated in other translation packages.
- Read the comments in the Comments column.
- Check the consistency and spelling of the text.
- Verify that the Base and Translation columns are present.
- Save the file, and then compress it to a ZIP file.