Preparing your application for translation
Reduce the time that is required to translate your application by running a pre-localization check. By improving application readiness you can avoid processing errors and speed up the work of the localization wizard.
- Test and stabilize the application user interface.
- Verify that your current workstation locale is the same as the language in the original application. Do not run the wizard in a locale that uses a language that you cannot understand.
- If the custom rules in your application use text strings, create base field values in one of your regular application rulesets so that the wizard can include their text in the translation package.
- Use correspondence rules for emails.
- Determine which language packs are on your system. To acquire language packs, contact Global Client Support.
- Install the language packs that you might need before you use the wizard.For more information, see Installing Pega language packs.
- If your system was upgraded from Pega Platform version 5.2 or earlier, verify that index reference validation was performed during the upgrade process. The list of fields for translation is derived from rule references in your application. If the references are not correct or current, some strings might be excluded from the translation package.
Previous topic Internationalization and localization Next topic Localized rules