Previewing a portal
Preview a portal that you develop to verify that different types of devices, such as a desktop computer or a smartphone, correctly display the user interface.
When you preview the application, you can turn on the design mode to modify the user
- In App Studio, click Preview application, and then select a portal that you want to preview by clicking the portal list next to the application name.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, check the preview size by hovering over the monitor, tablet, and mobile phone icons.
Result: Different preview shapes indicate the screen size for every device.
- Display the application preview for a device by clicking that device icon.
Note: When you preview a web portal on a mobile device, App Studio displays it in a mobile browser. The browser interface is different from a Mobile Client channel, which is a separate, mobile-native interface.
- For tablets and mobile phones, toggle the viewing modes:
- Switch between landscape and portrait modes by clicking the device icon again.
- Preview the app for a specific mobile device, in the drop-down list next to the
device icons, select a device model.You can edit the list of devices in Dev Studio. For more information, see Adding, editing, and deleting a preview device.
- Adding, editing, and deleting a preview device
To preview how a specific device, such as a phone or a tablet, displays your application, modify the list of devices for which you can generate a preview. If you have access to Dev Studio, you can add a new device to the list, edit an existing device in the list, or delete a device from the list.
Previous topic Configuring role-based page access Next topic Adding, editing, and deleting a preview device