Specifying the image source and tooltip for a Button control
Using images and tooltips to indicate a button's purpose makes it easier for application users to understand a form and to complete their tasks.
tab of the
panel, use the
option to select an image.
- To select an image from the Image Catalog, select Simple Image and click the Show Image Viewer icon for the adjacent field.
- To select a property to use as the source of the image, select Property and press the Down Arrow key in the adjacent field to select the property.
- To preview available icons on an overlay, select Icon Class and click the Open the icon class picker icon next to the adjacent field. To select an icon, click one on the overlay. You can use the search field at the top of the overlay to filter icons by class name.
- Set the Image Position option to Left or Right to indicate where the image is displayed in relation to the button's label at run time.
- Optional: To describe the button's purpose for users at run time, enter a phrase in the Tooltip field or press the Down Arrow key to select an existing tooltip.
Previous topic Specifying the caption for a Button control Next topic Specifying presentation options for a Button control