You can specify how read-only dates or date and time combinations are displayed in your application. For example, you might specify that the year comes first, or that months are spelled out rather than represented numerically.
- Click the control, and then click the View properties icon.
- In the Read-Only Format section on the Presentation tab of the Properties panel, set the Type option to Date or Date/Time.
- To specify the conditions under which characters entered by the user are displayed as
bullets, use the Obfuscated when option.The input characters are initially added to the clipboard as unencrypted, cleartext values. The system computes the hashed value only when the page is committed to the PegaRULES database. Thereafter, the hashed value appears in both the clipboard and the database row.
- From the Date-time format or Date format list (depending on your selection for the Type option), select the read-only format or select Custom and enter a valid format in the adjacent, unlabeled field.
- Optional: To display times using the 24-hour time format, select the Support 24 hour format for time? option.
- Optional: To display validation messages to users at run time, select the Show validation messages in read-only mode option.
- Optional: Set advanced presentation options.
Instead of creating a new custom format in the skin, you can adjust elements in a cell by applying Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) helper classes. For example, you can use a CSS helper class to center an element in a cell or to double the standard right margin for the element.
- Cell read-write classes – Click the Open helper class picker icon to specify one or more CSS helper classes to apply to this cell when the form is displayed in read-write mode. You can enter several helper classes, separated by a space. Alternatively, you can enter the name of a custom style to apply to this cell.
- Cell read-only classes – Click the Open helper class picker icon to specify one or more CSS helper classes to apply to this cell when the form is displayed in read-only mode. You can enter several helper classes, separated by a space. Alternatively, you can enter the name of a custom style to apply to this cell.
- Inline style (not for production use) – You can use this field to define an inline style by entering CSS code. However, entering an inline style results in a guardrail warning. For maintainability and reuse, the recommended approach is to use read-write or read-only classes.
- Click Submit.