Unit testing a section
After you create a section rule, you can run the rule to test it in the context of the application you are developing. Specify a test page for the rule to use, provide sample data as the input, run the rule, and examine the results.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then select the harness you want to test.
- Click Actions > Run. The Run Rule window opens.
- In the Test Page pane, select the context and test page to use for the
- In the Data Context list, select the thread in which you want to run the rule. If a test page exists for the thread, then it is listed and can be used for creating the test page.
- Select the test page to use for the test:
- Select Empty test page to start from a page containing no parameter values.
- If a clipboard page exists, then you can select Copy existing page to copy values from a thread of an existing clipboard page to the main test page.
- Select Create or reset test page to create a new test page or reset the values of an existing test page.
- To apply a data transform to values on the test page, click the link in the Apply field, and then select a data transform.
- In the lower section of the Run Rule window, enter the test data and click
Execute. The system runs the harness and displays the results.
Previous topic More about Sections Next topic Layouts