Validating character patterns
Check whether the input that your user provides is relevant. By verifying character patterns with edit validate rules, you can ensure that the data that users enter into forms matches the field requirements, and reduce the number of processing errors.For example, if you want your users to enter a valid US postal code in a field, you can use an edit validate rule to ensure that the input is consistent with the ZIP Code format. Pega Platform includes a wide variety of ready-to-use edit validate rules that come with default error messages.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Process category, and then click Validate.
- Open the validate rule that you want to edit.
- In the Conditions section, open a validation set by clicking Edit.
- In the Validation conditions window, click Add a row.
- In the new row, in the Select a function field, select invokeValidate.
- In the Validation of field, select the field that you want to check.
- In the using field, select one of the available edit
For example: To verify that a string of characters that the user enters in the ZIP Code field is a valid US postal code, set .ZIPCode as the target field, and USZipCode as the edit validate rule.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Creating a field group list Next topic Configuring a form at run time