The Accessibility Inspector finds possible accessibility issues with your application and helps you fix these issues. An accessible application better accommodates users of varying abilities and may be required by regulation.
- Click the Accessibility icon in the toolbar to open the inspector. The Accessibility Inspector displays on the right side of the page and highlights content, structure, and interaction issues.
- Click the Open rule in Designer Studio icon next to an issue to open the element and fix the issue.
- Click the Disability preview menu and select one of the options to view what your application looks like to users of varying visual ability. You can filter by absence of color, red/green confusion, and yellow/blue confusion.
- Click the more options icon to only show errors in list, draw an outline around on-page issues, or refresh the list of issues.
- Accessibility and Pega Platform
Pega Platform uses the Accessible Rich Internet Application (ARIA) roles to support accessibility. WAI-ARIA roles are a World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) ontology that specifies roles, states, or properties for each element. WAI-ARIA roles provide semantic information about features, structures, and behaviors allowing assistive technologies to conve
- Understanding accessibility
Pega Platform extends support for accessibility to enable potential compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A and AA. WCAG is a product of the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), an effort to improve web and browser accessibility for people with disabilities. This enhances the existing support for guidelines establi
- Enabling accessibility
If the PegaWAI ruleset is not present, import it from ResourceKit/AccessibilityFramework of the full Pega Platform distribution (not from an update distribution):