Configure repeating dynamic layouts so that users can reorder items within and between lists. By adding drag-and-drop functionality to your lists, you create an interactive user interface where users can modify content to match their business needs.
- Create one or more repeating dynamic layouts in the design view editor. For more information, see Creating a repeating dynamic layout.
- Ensure that the layouts that you want to configure meet the following
- For moving items within and between layouts, the layouts cannot use a read-only source.
- For moving items between layouts, the layouts must source data from the same class.
- For moving items between layouts, the layouts cannot consist of an AJAX container.
You can configure drag-and-drop functionality for all list orientations: vertical, horizontal, inline, and stacked.
Open the section that you want to modify.
Click a repeating dynamic layout, and then click the View properties icon.
In the Repeating dynamic layout properties window, click the Operations tab.
In the Drag and drop section, select the Enable drag to reorder items check box.
This check box controls whether users can reorder list items within a single repeating dynamic layout at run time.
To include the current repeating dynamic layout in a group in which users can move items between layouts, perform the following actions:
Select the Allow drag drop between layouts check box.
In the Group name field, enter a shared name for the group of layouts.
At run time, users can move items only between the repeating dynamic layouts that share the same group name.
For example: Repeating dynamic layouts A and B share the same group name, rdl-drag. Repeating dynamic layout C has a slightly different group name – rdl-dragX. As a result, at run time, users can move items between layouts A and B, but not to and from layout C.
- Creating a repeating dynamic layout
Save development time by automating the display of repetitive data records with the Repeating dynamic layout.
- Modifying the presentation options of the repeating dynamic layout
- Converting sections to full section editor
Sections based on design templates, as well as sections created in App Studio, can leverage the full set of editing capabilities available in Dev Studio if you convert them to use the full section editor.