Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Configuring a form at run time
You can configure forms as you process a case. By incorporating edits in real time, you can develop your application in a dynamic and flexible way.
To create a case, select a case type name from the New menu.
On the lower right corner of the screen, click the Open run runtime toolbar icon and then click Turn editing on.
On the toolbar, turn on design mode by clicking the Toggle design mode icon (the square icon).
Process the case by entering values in the provided fields and submitting each form.
When you reach a step that has no form or a form that requires updates, click Configure this view. You can do any of the following:
- In the right panel, click Change to switch the existing layout to any of the standard or custom predefined design templates.
- In the right panel, click Settings to modify template parameters, headings, and other presentation options for run time use.
- Drag the fields to rearrange their order in the view.
- Update the form by adding sections, adding controls, and editing the fields that it contains. For example, you can modify the display mode of a field or add a new field to the form.
Result: The changes that you made are displayed immediately and you are automatically returned to your active case. Tip: Use the case life cycle gadget in the header of a case to configure more options at run time.
- Configuring a case at run time
You can change the design of a case as you are processing it. By incorporating edits in real time, you can drive your application forward in a focused, yet flexible way.
- Building forms for case types
You capture user input in a case by building forms. When you create, configure, and organize relevant fields in a form, you can clearly communicate to users the tasks that they need to perform to process an assignment in a case.
- Configuring dynamic views
You can configure dynamic views that your application displays when users proceed through a case. By changing the default fields in these views, you can customize the forms that users access when they create, update, or review the case.
- Configuring a work area at run time
You can configure the work area of a form as you process a case. The work area includes the content and widgets, but not the header or navigation areas of the case form.
Previous topic Validating character patterns Next topic Configuring a work area at run time