Configure the toolbar so that application users can interact with the table at run time, set a personalized view, and save it. The toolbar also presents a summary of the operations, for example, it indicates that columns are grouped by fields.The toolbar is automatically generated in your application when any of the following options are configured:
- Allow Group by
- Allow row height adjustment
- Show/Hide columns
- Show refresh list
- Tables with toolbars work best with desktop applications. The Responsiveness option is disabled when you use a toolbar.
- When you upgrade from a previous version of Pega Platform, see the information in Upgrade considerations.
Optimize the table code. See Optimizing table code.
Hierarchical table layouts are optimized by default. See Enabling additional hierarchical table settings.
Populate the toolbar with the options that you need by completing at least one of the following tasks:
- Enabling table personalization
Improve productivity by giving users the option to save specific table configurations as reusable profiles.
- Adding custom actions to the table toolbar
Add custom actions to the table toolbar so that the users can quickly access functions that they need and use frequently.