A Dynamic layout is a DIV-based layout that allows for highly flexible display of content.
Search for and open an existing Section form.
On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Dynamic layout onto the work area.
In the Dynamic layout header, click the View properties icon.
In the Properties window, specify the layout format:
- Select one of the default formats.
- To use a custom layout format that is defined in the skin, select Other and then specify the custom format in the adjacent field.
In the Visibility field, select when you want to display the Dynamic layout:
- Select one of the default options.
- To create your own condition, select Condition (expression)
and click the Open condition builder icon.
For more information, see Using the Condition Builder to configure dynamic UI actions.
- Modifying the presentation options of the dynamic layout
Make minor adjustments to the styling of the specific Dynamic layout
- Creating an action set
Define an action set to specify what a control does when a user event happens.
- Control form - Actions tab
Action sets determine the behavior of a control.
- Available actions and conditions
Choose an action from the list, see which options are available for the action and when you can use it. Learn which conditions you can apply.
- Skin form — Components tab — Layouts — Dynamic layouts