Gain access to the new run-time framework by configuring Cosmos React UI. To make your development environment compatible with Cosmos React UI, configure system settings in Pega Platform.To use Cosmos React UI in App Studio for building an application, update the component palettes and property panes with data from the Cosmos React UI service. The data is exported automatically through the REST API when you start the Docker container, but you must enable the REST API, and set up a Cosmos React UI service URL.
When you select Support React-based UI, Pega Platform generates a new cookie, Pega-AAT, to speed up stateless REST calls.
The dynamic system settings are not application specific. All nodes connected to the database with dynamic system settings inherit these settings.
Two dynamic system settings apply if you select Support React-based UI:
- constellation/cacheReadOnlyDataPages – All read-only data pages are cached by default.
- constellation/readOnlyDataPagesCacheSize – Enables modifying the cache size of read-only data pages.
One dynamic system setting applies if you do not select Support React-based UI:
- constellation/cacheReadOnlyDataPages – All read-only data pages disable the custom cache size.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Expand the SysAdmin category, and then click Dynamic System Settings.
Open the pega-uiengine!cosmosservicesuri system setting.
On the Settings tab, in the Value field, enter the React UI service URL:
- For systems with load balancers, enter /prweb/constellation, and then click Save.
- For simple systems, enter
and then click Save.
The variables have the following values:
- <localhost> is the URL address of your host.
- <port> is the port number used for the React UI service.