Conveniently reuse modular content in your application by embedding existing sections inside other sections. For example, you can create a section that contains summarized product information and use that content in a product list, and then reuse the section for the shopping cart.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
Open the section that you want to edit.
Add an embedded section:
Choices Actions In a section that uses a template
In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, in the header of the region in which you want to add the section, click the Add icon.
In the Data display node, click Embedded section.
In a custom section
On the Design tab, expand the Structural list, and then drag the Embedded section onto the work area.
- If you include a section in a layout cell, ensure that the section is in an inherited class of the section that contains the layout.
- If you include a section in a cell of a repeating layout, ensure that the section is in an inherited class of the layout.
In the Section include modal dialog box, in the Page context field, define the page context for the new section:
- To source data for the section from the current page, select Use current page context.
- To source data for the section from a specific data page, select Use data page, and then enter the data page reference.
- To source data for the section from a page in the clipboard, select Use clipboard page, and then enter the page reference.
- To source data for the section from a data page that is defined by the value of a property, select Use page defined by property, and then enter the property reference.
In the Section field, define the section that you want to embed in the interface by directly entering the section name or by using a property reference.
For example: If you want to use a specific existing section, select By name, and then provide the section name.
On the section form, click Save.