Careful design can help you save considerable development effort during regular maintenance and future updates of your application. Pega Platform offers a number of ready-to-use tools for building an adaptive, robust UI that responds well to change.
The design tools in Pega Platform help you build a future-proof UI, and either provide you with low-effort, ready-to-use components, or indicate which components of your existing UI might be process-heavy. As a general rule, interfaces built without custom, purpose-made elements require the least amount of effort to maintain or update, and take the least time to complete.
You can use the following tools to minimize maintenance effort.
- App Studio
- App Studio is a low-code development environment that helps you design and build your application UI using prefabricated components.
- Design templates
- Design templates separate presentation from data in an application by providing a reusable blueprint for the UI. You can use design templates for layouts, or to embed sections in which you add user interface elements and controls.
- Client-side templates landing page
- The client-side templates page lists UI elements that cannot be rendered with client-side templates. Server-side templates have lower performance, and require higher data transfer.
- Preflight optimization landing page
- Preflight optimization helps you reduce unnecessary static content in an application, and improve UI load times.
- Cosmos React UI
- Cosmos React UI is a run-time environment that supports the latest open-source technologies and frameworks to improve performance, interactivity, and response times.
- UI issues landing page
- For existing applications, the UI issues landing page helps you track high-maintenance UI elements, and learn how to convert them to more modern, and efficient rendering.