Installing Cosmos React UI by using Docker
Explore the latest React-based run-time environment, which improves performance and responsiveness, and offers a revised set of user-friendly view and portal authoring tools. You can use Docker to install the Cosmos React UI framework in your on-premises development environment.
- Pega Platform is hosted on Pega Cloud services.
- You have a Pega hosted lab system.
- Your IT organization has already installed Constellation as a corporate wide service, possibly at the same time as they installed Infinity. This is the expected deployment type. Installing Constellation as a single corporate wide service requires network and security awareness.
In these cases, the Constellation engine is already a part of your development environment, and you only need to enable the framework for your applications. No Constellation install is necessary, you just need the URL for the Constellation service:
- Pega Cloud: The regionally correct URL for the Pega Cloud Constellation service is embedded into Infinity during Infinity deployment.
- Pega lab system: Your technical support contact provides the correct URL for the Pega hosted Constellation service.
- IT organization installed Constellation as a single corporate wide service: This group provides you with the Constellation service URL.
- Ensure that you have the Docker command line interface installed on your on-premises environment.
- Obtain the API key from the Pega Digital Delivery site.
- Review the process of implementing Cosmos React UI on your system. For more information, see Implementing Cosmos React UI in Pega Platform.
In a terminal window, pull the Cosmos React UI container by entering docker pull pega-docker.downloads.pega.com/constellationui/service:8.5.3-rc-latest.
Set the SSL certificate and key for HTTPS by entering docker run -v /<path to folder with key certificate>:/host_folder -p 3000:3000 --name <container name> local/constellationui/service httpsKey=<SSL key> httpsCert=<SSL certificate> logLevel=<log type>.
- <log type> is the type of log that the build produces. You can select one of the following modes: debug, info, warn, error.
Install the service by entering docker run -p <host port>:<container port> --name <container name><container URL address> port=<port number><log type>.The variables have the following values:
- <host port> is the port number of the host. The default value is 3000.
- <port number> is the number of the port on which React UI listens. The number must match the <container port>.
For example: docker run -p 3000:3000 --name constellation-service downloads.pega.com port=3000 info Previous topic Implementing Cosmos React UI in Pega Platform Next topic Installing Constellation by using Helm for Kubernetes