Record the location of users of offline-enabled mobile apps who work on specific assignments by enabling constant tracking for case types. For example, enable tracking in tasks for service employees in the field so that dispatchers can effectively assign work to the employees based on their current location.
Location recording automatically starts when a case with the constant tracking functionality appears on the mobile user's worklist. The recorder tracks each case separately and remains active even when the app is in the background.
Location recorder stops in the following scenarios:
- No more cases with constant tracking appear in the user's worklist.
- User logs out of the app (Android and iOS).
- User closes the app (iOS only).
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Settings tab, click the General category.
In the Geolocation tracking section, enable tracking for offline-enabled apps:
Select the Enable geolocation tracking check box.
Select the Enable constant tracking when app is offline-enabled check box.
- In the offline mode configuration for your app, add the case type in which you enabled constant tracking. For more information, see Enabling case processing in offline-enabled mobile apps.
- Prepare the framework for the visualization of tracking and recorded locations. For more information, see Configuring dynamic system settings for geographic reference and Configuring the Map control.